Required Skills: combat
Required Equipment: weapons
The group is contacted by Doctor Wilson Curculionidae and Cassandre Cameroon. The Doctor would like to hire the group as bodyguards for himself and his research team. He explains he has hired Ms. Cameroon (Hunting 4) to go on a safari mission to Cigura (E676500)(Hex 0205) in the Fessor Subsector to collect zeroster.
This animal while not dangerous is difficult to track and is prey for several dangerous carnivore species. Doctor Curculionidae believes he can develop several cosmetic items from it which will be more readily acceptable in the current market. There is an environmental group called Natural Body who are against this and have made several veiled threats to the Doctor and his three research assistants. One member of the group will need to accompany Ms. Cameroon on her hunts while the others will need to provide security on the Doctor’s lab ship and anytime the Doctor or his staff must go to the surface.
The group will be paid Cr. 500 per week each or Cr. 100 upfront and .5% of any profits made from sales of anything developed during the mission. The Doctor expects the hunting and on site research to last 8 weeks. Travel and accommodations will be provided aboard the Doctor’s lab ship (The Pretty Princess).
Image from wikimedia. Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license.
The zeroster is a small sized herbivores which lives in forests in family herds of 6-36 individuals.
1. All is as represented; PC will only have to deal with animal attacks while hunting zeroster and verbal/written assaults from Natural Body and possible complications from the Doctor and his staff.
2. As 1, but the local farmers will not be happy with anyone hunting zerosters. If killed off the predators that live off zerosters will instead attack their livestock. This will cause the farmers to retaliate in various ways.
3. As 1, but Natural Body will send a team to attack and/or terrorize them. They will use snipers, bombers and hackers to disrupt the team before launching an assault on the lab ship
4. As 1, but one of Doctor Curculionidae’s research assistants is a Zhodani (or Imperial) spy. Zeroster renal gland excretions can be used to make Psi drugs. The researcher will discover this and call in a Strike Team to kidnap the doctor and all his research.
5, As 1, but the Doctor is not the only one performing this research. A rival with a bigger and better group and ship arrives and informs the PC’s group it is time to leave. Nicely at first but things will escalate dangerously.
6. As 2, 3, 4 and 5. Mix thoroughly and start shooting.
5 thoughts on “Zeroster”
How do you vote for this?
Sorry – I am not used to blogs yet.
Vote by sending me an e-mail, or a message at facebook.
Only registered users, facebook fans (that was fans befor the competition started) and participants in the competition may vote on the entries they like the most.
I just wanted to say thanks for providing good ideas! 🙂 I’m starting with SF-Roleplaying this weekend and plan to use this patron!
Good Luck with your game Basty. Please tell us how it went!
In the middle of things right now 🙂 We captured two space hippies from natural body already, we’ll see how things work out in the end. They attacked us with paintball guns from their glider (critical fail on the attack), without hitting anyone and managed to crash it into a tree (another critical fail for piloting – I imagine, they were stoned).
We’re playing an improvised game without a GM (mythic gm emulator, if you are curious) and no one knows, where this will lead us. But in our version NB isn’t really a terrorist group.. I think. More like hippies. But I suppose some more sinister influence in the background…
Fun was had and it’s far from over! 🙂